Working for the development of 13 most marginalized Tribal villages @ Poondi block and Tiruvalankadu block, Tiruvallur district.
- i) Enrollment in regular School
- ii) Enhance retention
- iii) Qualitative remedial support
- iv) Bridge course & Main streaming
- v) Consultation meetings with school management (PTA)
- vi) Nutritious meal programme, Day care centre, computer centre, short stay home and health related services
- vii) Awareness programmes on different social issues
Myrtle is building a community development centre at Attrambakkam for the benefit of marginalised communities of Poondi block, Tiruvallur district, Tamilnadu. It is our mission to “Create opportunities, hope and self-respect among underprivileged children to achieve their full potential”. Our request is by making a cash donation or kind.
Your generosity will make a difference in the community by allowing as continuing in our work. Remember that every donation make a difference, regardless of size.
Objective: To build a Community Development Center for the welfare of 13 nearby tribal villages at Govindarajakuppam, Attrampakkam Panchayat, Poondi block, Uthukottai Taluk, Tiruvallur district, Tamilnadu lift them in the society. This facility is being equipped to have the following:
- 1. Computer Centre
- 2. Tuition Centre
- 3. Non formal education (for school drop outs)
- 4. Dispensary (Health Care)
- 5. Drug Addiction and Rehabilitation centre
- 6. Training Center (Livelihood programmes)
- 7. Capacity building workshops and awareness programmes
- 8. Short stay home for rescued bonded labour etc.
Miss. Ann Ebenezer is an inspiration to support terminally ill children and families. Myrtle has been helping children with cancer since 2014 and continues its services through partnerships with hospitals, caregivers, foundations and civic groups.
There is no greater gift than keeping families strong and together during a difficult time. If we can alleviate stress on a family, encourage a brother or sister and comfort a sick child, then we will make a difference in the fight against cancer.
Supporting terminally ill children and their families of the less privileged communities by providing
- Nutritional support
- Transportation support
- Temporary shelter
- Mobile re-charge
- Educational support (siblings)
- Psycho social support
- Wish of the child
By supporting less privileged Single Parent children, deprived children & HIV Children educational support
- i) Employable Skill training for rural and urban poor
- ii) IT and Soft Skills training
- iii) Spoken English
- iv) Mock Interview and Placement support
- v) Counseling & Career guidance
- vi) Livelihood opportunities
eVidya – employable skill based training for under privileged youth, Age 18 to 30 years, 100% Job assurance, 2 months Training, 3 hours a day next batch commencing soon.
eVidya – Job oriented training – Process and Placement
- Livelihood support – Gift of sustainability: Give a gift of a Goat/Cow to a Tribal family; This gift is an invaluable resource for tribal communities.
- Counseling – Pre-Post Marital and Family Counseling
- Formation of Self help groups
- Income generation programme for rural and urban communities
- Health services and midday meal to the elderly people
- Adolescent Health
- Reproductive Child Health
- Medical Camp
- Health & hygiene
- Cancer Awareness
- HIV/AIDS Awareness
- i) Puppet Theatre Academy (Puppet Workshop and Muppet Shows) – More than 13 years of social change thru Puppetry, over 6000 shows on various social issues across Tamilnadu for multilateral agencies.
- ii) Capacity building workshop, trainings and events for Educational Institutions, Government departments, Corporate, NGO’s & INGO’s
Floods and Vardah cyclone devastate lives in Tamilnadu, India. People have lost their homes, as well as their agricultural produce, personal valuables and livestock, all of which they depended on for their livelihood. Without access to clean water and shelter, they are particularly vulnerable at this time. MYRTLE’s team is tirelessly working in the worst hit districts to provide urgent assistance for flood survivors to cope. The priority is to make available Hygiene kits, Shelter and dry ration.
- MYRTLE has already reached 7345 flood affected families in Chennai and Tiruvallur district
- MYRTLE’s Goal: Saving lives, now and in the future
- Target: build 50 low cost concrete houses to 2 Tribal villages of Tiruvallur district
- Total Funds needed – Rs 2 Crore
- Geographical coverage by MYRTLE: Tiruvallur and Chennai
Remove Velikathan - serious impact of the ‘seemai karuvelam’ on the deplete water sources, initiate to eradicate this weed. – looking for CSR support for the initiative